Benefits of CYA Membership
The CYA offers a wide variety of social activities year-round. We offer a low cost and easy entry for anyone with an interest in classic motor yachts to join with other like minded people. We are not a yacht club, in that we do not own land, but hold our events and activities on public land or marinas, yacht clubs, and resorts. This allows us to have very low expenses and keep our dues very affordable. We are an all volunteer organization with a Board of Directors and Officers that provide guidance and direction for regional “Fleets”, which are also run by volunteers.
Our goal is to have a group of “Corinthian” yachters that you will enjoy getting to know. Join with us to help advance our mission to promote, preserve, and restore vintage motor yachts!
Benefits of Membership include:
· CYA Membership Roster... Printed annually, you will be listed along with other members. This ability to contact the many members of the Classic Yacht Association for support and information is invaluable. The handy, spiral-bound roster also includes boat lists, By-Laws, Fleet event calendars, etc.
· Quarterly Newsletters... The CYA newsletter, “Classic Yachting” is a high-quality full color newsletter with news and information related to classic yachts – vessel reviews, Fleet activity reports, new member lists, educational articles, stories and news from members. Four issues per year are delivered to by mail to all members. In addition, each fleet prepares and delivers local fleet newsletters. They contain information and articles on members vessels, scheduled events both on land and sea, photos of members boats and more.
· Social Networking... Members can sign on to receive email nootices of coming events and other relevant information. In addition, members can log in to the CYA website, which opens up much additional content, including online member rosters, event sign-up forms, CYA documents, buy-sell-forums, etc. A mobile app is also available, that makes member rosters and boat names quickly available from smart phones. CYA maintains a general interest Facebook page featuring member boat photos and information, and each Fleet maintains their own Facebook page for members to post on and communicate with other members.
· Yacht Register listings... Members are eligible to submit their vessels for inclusion in the CYA Yacht Register. Categories include “Classic” (Pre-1943), “Vintage” (Pre-1975), or other years by special consideration. Once accepted into the Yacht Register, your vessel will be posted in our online database, including photos, historical information, videos, documents, and other information per your specifications.
· Ships Store... As a CYA member you will be entitled to purchase many club related items that are made available from time to time. There are specialty clothes, club patches, burgees and gift items all sold at great prices. As new member you will receive a CYA Burgee, Engraved Brass Plaque for your boat (Classic and Vintage), Membership Card, and CYA Roster all at no extra charge.
· Reduced Psychiatric Bills... Knowing you are not crazy for loving that floating chunk of wood and sweat! Just the knowledge that there are other people out in the world with the same interests is somehow very reassuring.
· Tax Advantages... The Classic Yacht Association is an exempt non-profit organization as described in Section 501(C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax deductible. Tax ID number is 90-0396800.
Annual Dues and Initiation Fees:
Annual dues vary slightly by fleet, to account for different regional costs. All new members are charged a one-time initiation fee of $75, in addition to the first year dues, which covers a burgee, member directory, and plaque for qualifying yachts.
Note: New Member applicants will also be assessed a one-time initiation fee of $75, in addition to the first year dues.
Step 1. Application for CYA Membership
Step 2. Yacht Register Approval Process
Classic or Vintage Membership:
Application for CYA Yacht Register Approvals: The criteria for acceptance are detailed here.
Remember: You must be a Member of CYA before making application for your yacht into the CYA Yacht Register. Follow the procedure above for joining CYA if you are not already a member.
Final approval of yacht classifications rests with the Yacht Registration Committee which serves to ensure association-wide standards as established by the CYA Board of Directors.