Tusitala was built in 1908 in the Anderson Boat Yard in Seattle for John J Sessnon who owned the boat for just 4 years before he died. The boat was named Elizabeth at that time. After that the boat was owned by the 13th Mayor of Vancouver BC. At some point along the line the boat was renamed Barnaby for a very short time, and then given the name it still holds today... Tusitala which means the teller of tales.
The boat changed hands a handful of times and in 1954 an upper house was added and a slight modification made to the forward hull planks to add height to the boards to match those behind them.
We purchased the boat in December of 2017 where she was moored in the Liberty Bay Marina and moved to Port of Poulsbo Marina.