Swietenia

Historical Summary:

A 1941 30-foot Chris-Craft enclosed sedan cruiser, Swietenia was built in Algonac, Michigan and was shipped by rail to Seattle in August of 1941.  She was put into charter service along with ten sister ships.  Of those vessels, four are still moored on Lake Union.

In 2003, Swietenia's previous owners, Mark and Ginger Garff, rescued her from several years of neglect. The Garffs concluded their restoration project 2009. Subsequently Swietenia received numerous awards at CYA shows and outings.

Swietenia's current owners, Rick and Sarah Reeves, purchased Swietenia in 2015 and strive to maintain her in the manner to which she is accustomed.

Crafted with double-planked mahogany on mahogany and white oak frames, she still runs a cranky Hercules Model M Flathead 6, installed in 1956.  Swietenia Macrophylia is the botanical name for mahogany.