48 foot 1950 Catalina motoryacht powered by twin Chevy 454's. Built by Chris-Craft Corp. in Algonac, Michigan as hull no. 48DC22 and was number 22 of 24 built. She was destined to California arriving to Newport Beach by rail in June 1950. Former names were Katana II and Strategic Navigator before current owner, 2007 SC Commodore Christine Rohde, discovered her in 1999 and renamed her Sparkle. Lovingly restored to her former glory, every inch of this grand yacht lives up to her name. Sparkle is currently moored in Villa del Mar Marina, Marina del Rey. CA.