Original owners: United Airlines pilot, Frank W. Anderline and his wife, Florence. Christened Pamabro (Pa, Ma, and Brownie the dog) in January of 1933 at the W.J. Schertzer Boat and Machine Works on Lake Union, Seattle. The Anderline's used her as a live-aboard moored at the Seattle Yacht Club.
1936: Sold to Ray and Ruth Krueger, who renamed her Shearwater the following year. Ray Krueger was Seattle Division Mgr. for National Lead (Dutch Boy Paint).
1943: Sold to to Leslie G. Prendergast.
1949: Bought back by the Krugers.
1951: Sold to Charles O. and Alyce (“Granny”) Carroll. Charles O. Carroll was the King County Prosecutor.
1969: Sold to King County Superior Court Judge Joel A.C. Rindal and his wife Helen in partnership with King County Republican Chairman, Kenneth Rogstad and his wife, Doris. The Rindal’s bought out the Rogstad’s interest in Shearwater in 1977 and continued to cruise her for another twenty years.
1997: Sold to Ron and Kathy McClure of Wenatchee, WA. McClure, the author of the popular books, “Classic Wooden Yachts of the Pacific North West” and “Classic Wooden Motor Yachts”, moved her to Anacortes. That same year Shearwater suffered a near fatal calamity. The boat moored next to her in the Anacortes Marina exploded, severely damaging Shearwater and other boats in the vicinity. The McClure’s spent the next five years bringing her back from the brink.
2002: Sold to Jan & Kathi Skillingstead, Seattle.
2018: Sold to WIliam Griffin, Seattle.