Built by the legendary Chris-Craft Corporation, Maranee was launched in Algonac, Michigan in 1940. After serving as the flagship of the Vermillion Yacht Club in Ohio in 1946, she cruised the Great Lakes extensively, visiting Georgian Bay, the Erie Canal and the St. Lawrence Seaway. In 1959, Maranee began a new life on the West Coast when she was shipped to Seattle by rail. She is still powered by her original twin Hercules six cylinder engines.
Below is a brief excerpt from the owner's website: http://www.maranee.com/ Read the complete history there.
Chris-Craft Corporation, 1939
This drawing was published in the December, 1939 issue of the yachting magazine The Rudder. The design's highlight was that it was totally streamlined- Chris-Craft's new approach for the new decade. The 40s promised change and prosperity in many ways, and this is a fine example of Chris-Craft's contribution. Incidentally, this design was accompanied by another new streamlined 25-foot express cruiser, later to become known simply as the "Red & White".