Originally commissioned by Dr. William Kidd and Elaine Kidd and launched in 1950 by the Adams Boat Company on Portage Bay in Seattle's Lake Union. Duffy was built to plans penned by Edwin Monk in 1947, with some detail changes made during construction.
Moored in Seattle's Portage Bay under the Kidd's ownership, Duffy is listed as a member vessel of the Tyee Yacht Club in the register of Washington Yacht Clubs in the 1950 "Pacific Motoring Handbook". She traveled the Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands until 1992 when she was purchased from the estate of Dr. Kidd by Mike and Gwen Byrne.
The Byrnes brought Duffy to the Shelton Yacht Club where a restoration was undertaken in the mid 1990s and actively cruised her the length of Puget Sound and the Salish Sea. In 1998 Duffy was featured in the book "Ed Monk and t he Tradition of Classic Boats" by Bet Oliver.
We, Evan and Sara Bailly, purchased Duffy from the Byrnes family in early 2017 and have started another round of restoration work, including a great deal of repairs to her below the waterline, while still taking every opportunity to take her cruising. We had already taken her the length of Puget Sound proper, as far south as Olympia and as far North as Anacortes in our first year as her caretakers.